The biggest rewards come to those who have the courage to accept the difficult tasks without complaint, to take risks, and to do the things that others find too uncomfortable.

If you want things in your life to change, you're going to have to change things in your life!!!


Things are never as difficult as you thought, once you get started!!

Monday, June 6, 2011

The Real Food Diet Cookbook

pic

I have never been blown away by a cookbook before.  In fact I hardly ever buy cookbooks.  With my allergies and my families allergies using a cookbook is very hard.  I have to almost always change the recipes to fit our needs.  I have to figure out different measurements and what different food works best.  It is a lot of trial and error.  Usually there is one or two recipes I can use and paying around $20.00 for those two recipes is not worth it to me. 

Kevin Trudeau had Dr. Josh Axe on his radio show a couple weeks ago.  What an amazing show that was.  It was so informative.  Dr. Josh Axe was a complete delight to listen to.  He is very positive and enthusiastic about eating right and living healthy.   His positive energy rubs off on you, yes,  even over a radio show.  

When the show was over I went onto Amazon.com and bought his cookbook on my kindle.  I was a little nervous and hoping for a couple of good recipes for my family.  I mean seriously we are gluten free, dairy free, and organic.  That is a tall order to fill and not very many people are all 3 all the time like us.  That night with the kids asleep I started to read his cookbook.

The more I read the more I found out Dr. Josh Axe believes in gluten-free grains, no dairy, whole foods, and organic.  Um.......this is exactly my beliefs.  Every single recipe is something I can make without having to change a thing.  Every food in the recipes is something we can have.  Everything he says about scary dairy, being gluten-free, down to what cookware to use is what I believe.  Every turn of the page I got more and more excited.  I read the whole cookbook that night and could barely sleep thinking of all the neat things I'm going to get to make my family like Raw Cheesecake made with cashews, lemon juice, raw honey, raw coconut oil, and a vanilla bean.  The crust is made out of raw nuts, soaked dates, and coconut flakes.  No wheat or dairy in site.  The next day I wrote to Dr. Josh Axe on his facebook page and told him I loved the cookbook and sent him a link to my blog.  He wrote back saying I rocked.  How cool is that??    

Here is some more about the cookbook.  Section One starts off explaining real food vs fake food.  He shows you what the real food pyramid looks like.  Section 2 explains what's hot, what's not.  He is gives you his Best and Worst Foods list.  Section 3 is the abc's of cooking, equipment, and label reading.  The fats + oils 101 part of this section was simply amazing.  Section 4 is less that/ more this.  He explains in this section simple ideas for better eating.  He gives examples of what people eat today and what people could be eating instead.  Section 5 is food matching guide.  His recipes have symbols next to them to help you find exactly the kind of recipe you are looking for.  Examples of the symbols are a smiling kid....this means that recipe is a kid's favorite or a thermometer which means feeling sick try this recipe.  Very easy to use.  After that is 130 amazing recipes.

I feel if I was to wish for a cookbook that matched my ideas, beliefs and feelings it could not get any better than this cookbook.  If you want an easy way to get started to be gluten free, dairy free, raw, organic then get this cookbook.  You will love it!!  I love it so much I went to his website and ordered an actual copy for me.  Now I have an actual paper copy and a take a long copy on my kindle.  He also has cooking videos on his website which is so neat!  

Finally, I have been blown away by a cookbook!!!!     
pic

No comments:

Post a Comment