The biggest rewards come to those who have the courage to accept the difficult tasks without complaint, to take risks, and to do the things that others find too uncomfortable.

If you want things in your life to change, you're going to have to change things in your life!!!


Things are never as difficult as you thought, once you get started!!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Bring on Phase 4!!

pic


Tomorrow will be my last day of Phase 3.  I'm really surprised how fast 21 days went by.  Everyday I weigh myself after I wake up.  My weight has been 126.0 to 126.8.  Wednesday I did wake up and I was 128.9.  I was 2 pounds over my phase 2 ending weight so I did the recommended steak diet for the day and Thursday morning I was 126.2.  What a wonderful little secret to make sure those 2 pounds did not stay on my body.  I can use the Steak Diet any day I am 2 pounds over my phase 2 ending weight, for the rest of my life.  Awesome!

I started working out a little more this phase.  I am able to wake up at 7:00am or earlier and work out on the treadmill.  Now for all you out there that know me...I was not a morning person.  Not only did I not like waking up early but to actually work out.  I don't think so.  I love this new change in me.  I can not wait for morning and I wake up not only with energy but I am excited to get the day started.   

Although a lot of neat stuff is happening during this phase, I did feel a little like a crazy person these last 20 days.  This phase is where my hypothalamus reset.  I could tell my brain was functioning different and old thought patterns were being changed.

Here is some of the fun craziness.....

The doctors told me once you are full, stop eating.  Your body knows what to do....listen to it.  So when  I was eating, I would get full but it tasted so good I wanted to keep eating.  My thoughts would say "I'm full stop eating."  Then I would think "but it tastes so good"  then "you are full....STOP eating."  It was very strange.

I bought two pairs of size 2 jeans last week and one of the pairs are skinny jeans, tight and I have never worn such a form fitting pair of jeans before.  I looked in the mirror and thought "wow my hips look big" then I thought "You are in a size 2 pair of jeans...a size 2!  How big could your hips really be???"  I bought the jeans. Woot!  haha

I'm so glad no one could hear my thoughts during this phase.  Surely I would have been locked up for arguing with myself.  I definitely noticed my thought patterns and so many of them were negative.  I feel I believed and thought very negative things about my body since high school.  Maybe even middle school.  How sad I have wasted so many years being mean to myself.

It really has been a fun journey on learning to love my body.  Not only did I lose weight but I learned how to think differently about what I see when I look in the  mirror.  I also learned how to eat the right way...if only this was taught in schools.  Just think how your thoughts would be different if we learned to love ourselves when we were young. 

Before I started the weight loss protocol, my holistic doctor did a ton of blood work on me and checked so many things.  I will be getting lab work done this summer to see what has changed.  I will have a post about what was wrong with me before and what was fixed or not fixed from this experience.  I can not wait to find out!!!!

The Weight loss Protocol has been way more than just a diet to lose weight.  It has been a life changing experience. I am so thankful for Kevin Trudeau for being brave enough to write the book...The Weight Loss Protocol.  (For those that don't know, he is being sued by the government for 32 million dollars for writing this book, and might face 2 years of jail time.  They also asked him to destroy all his books and disappear.)   I am also thankful for Dr. Simeons for inventing this diet.  I just wish his life was not taken at such an early time and was alive to see the amazing results people are getting.  I am also thankful for Dr. Tom Drost, Lisa Drost, and Roxanne for being there for me during this experience.  They were so friendly and encouraging.  I could not have asked for better people to guide me through this.  I am ready for phase 4 and since it will be the phase for the rest of my life... 
I am ecstatic!     

No comments:

Post a Comment