The biggest rewards come to those who have the courage to accept the difficult tasks without complaint, to take risks, and to do the things that others find too uncomfortable.

If you want things in your life to change, you're going to have to change things in your life!!!


Things are never as difficult as you thought, once you get started!!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Baby Step Series #7

"We spend more money on health care than ever before.  We take more drugs than ever before, yet we are sicker than ever before."

What an opening for Chapter 5.  Did those two sentences get you thinking?  I think chapter 5 is so important to read.  It was so eye opening for me and really got me to understand how many things I was doing on a daily basis that was putting my family and I in harm.  Microwaving for an example.  I had no idea that it actually changes the structure and life energy of the food.  Knowing what I put into the microwave is not what comes out, helped us to quit using it.  Our family has not used the microwave since January 1st.  The first couple days was hard...I did not realize how much I was using it.  I steamed veggies in it, heated up my babies bottle (eeeekkk), reheated leftovers, etc.  I just had to rethink how to make and do those things safely.  My baby didn't mind a room temperature bottle...I heated left overs in a pan.....steamed veggies with water.....We adapted just fine.  haha  And as I write this I can not believe its been 7 1/2 months and we don't even think about using the microwave.  That was one of the easiest things to change in our lives.  Someday we are going to get a toaster oven.  It does everything a microwave can do but doesn't change your food into something unnatural.  You can store your leftovers in glass containers and just pop them into the toaster oven for reheating.  Simple!  

I have loved receiving all the emails about chapter 5.  I love hearing how you feel and think about this book.  I know its life changing. It sure changed mine.  Ok....on to the next baby step.  I know how exciting this next chapter sounds!!!!  Are you ready???? 

Baby Step #7:

Read all of Chapter 6 
How to never get sick again

No comments:

Post a Comment