The biggest rewards come to those who have the courage to accept the difficult tasks without complaint, to take risks, and to do the things that others find too uncomfortable.

If you want things in your life to change, you're going to have to change things in your life!!!


Things are never as difficult as you thought, once you get started!!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Organic

We have been organic for 3 months now. Here is the back story on how Organic came into our lives. Around November I watched Food Inc. I was horrified. I could not believe how mean the animals that provide their lives for us were treated. From there I watched Food Matters and the Cove. These 3 documentaries made a huge impact on me. Right after that my neighbor gave me the book Natural Cures by Kevin Trudeau. This book was so eye opening. What I really liked about the book is he gave references to that you could research as to where he came up with his information. It wasn't just him saying this is that....he could back it up. I spent hours, days, weeks, looking things up...researching...reading everything I could find.

Around Christmas, as a family we decided we will be Organic. We did not want eat GMO food or Toxins. We knew we wanted to eat meat but we wanted the animals to be treated with respect and live the way they were supposed to....roaming the fields...being outside in the sun...eating what they were supposed to. We wanted fruit and veggies that were the size, the color they were meant to be and the season that they are meant to be in.

January 1st...New Years Day. We decided our New Years Resolutions were going to be different this year. Instead of quit stuff, we "added" stuff. We were going to be Healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment