The biggest rewards come to those who have the courage to accept the difficult tasks without complaint, to take risks, and to do the things that others find too uncomfortable.

If you want things in your life to change, you're going to have to change things in your life!!!


Things are never as difficult as you thought, once you get started!!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Success Story

One of my favorite blogs Organic Size Me asked for real life stories from readers who have experienced health changes due to changing their diets.   This is the story I sent in.


pic
Hi Organicsizeme:

This is one of my favorite success stories about changing my food.

Around the time I turned 18 I started becoming allergic to raw-fresh fruit and vegetables.  It all started with cantaloupe.  I remember eating it and about 10 minutes later my throat and ears were itching.  I wasn't sure why I was feeling like this since I have always eaten this.  The next day I had some more and the same thing happened.  I then realized I was allergic to cantaloupe.

During the next year, I began to become allergic to every fruit and vegetable if it was not cooked.  I could not eat carrots with ranch....or grapes or strawberries.  I couldn't eat apples or cucumbers.  I felt horrible about not being able to eat fresh fruits and vegetables but it was not worth the allergic reaction it caused me so I stopped eating all of it.  A lot of people didn't believe me when I told them, they would say...oh you are allergic to healthy items but not chocolate...interesting.

I lived this way for almost 15 years until I went Organic.  I tried my first Organic apple and my body did not get an allergic reaction.  I was stunned.  I then tried an orange...then carrots.  Still no allergic reaction.  I became so excited!  I went and bought every organic fruit and veggie I could find and was able to eat everything.

I am able to eat any Raw-Fresh Organic fruit and vegetables.  They have to be Organic.  I believe the allergic reaction I was having to the fruit and vegetables were from the pesticides, the chemicals, GMO, any of the unnatural things that were done to the fruit and vegetables, not the actual fruit and vegetables themselves.  It has been such a wonderful change of life.  Oh how I have missed raw fruit and veggies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment