The biggest rewards come to those who have the courage to accept the difficult tasks without complaint, to take risks, and to do the things that others find too uncomfortable.

If you want things in your life to change, you're going to have to change things in your life!!!


Things are never as difficult as you thought, once you get started!!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Irene

Hi guys!  Hope everyone is doing great.  We are doing really good.  Hurricane Irene hit this weekend here.  My husband had to go out to sea on his submarine...leaving me and my kids home alone for it.  I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't scared.  I was.  It was my first hurricane and I was nervous.  My kids were amazing though.  They were so very brave.  We were out of power for 13 hours yesterday which wasn't as bad as some other areas around here.  We had a lot of rain and the wind was crazy!  We ended up playing board games and doing skits while waiting it out.

The only problem we faced was we are all on a Candida Yeast Cleanse.  Today is our 3 week mark.  What is Candida Yeast you ask?  Candida is an organism that normally lives in your intestinal  tract as harmless yeast.  This yeast has the ability to change into pathogenic fungus causing toxicity in your body.  There are so many symptoms caused by the fungus.  Some of the major symptoms are sugar cravings, allergies, depression, brain fog, acid reflux, low energy, and fatigue.  We have major allergies...as you can tell from our blog.  haha  That is why we decided to do this cleanse.

The first weeks we can only eat meat, veggies, and fruit.  So with the possibility of losing power for a long time or having to go to a shelter would have been very hard on us since we can't eat soup from a can or cereal, bread, etc. Our gas stove worked during the 13 hours we had no power so I was able to cook. Yay!

We have been feeling great on the cleanse.  I can tell a huge difference in my middle son's appetite.  He is 4.  3 weeks ago we had to beg, hope, get upset for him to finish dinner.  He now eats at least 2 plates full if not more.  He says he feels so much better.  I have been getting a lot more energy.  Its wonderful. 

If you would like more information on Candida Yeast this link is great.

 

2 comments:

  1. I may have to try this sometime. Thanks for the post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! We have been feeling better than we ever have. I can tell a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete